11/2020

 This month I continued my volunteer work at the local animal shelter, where one of our cats, Niñita, had a whole litter of kittens! It was certainly a sight to see.  All of the volunteers came together to ensure Niñita had a safe space all to herself. I made sure the vet was called and that all the other animals were tended to. 

The next time I went, I bottle fed some of the kittens that were malnourished and made sure their eyes were free of debris when they opened them for the first time. It was a very nurturing moment, and opened my own eyes to see the beauty in the world around me for seemingly the first time. I looked around and realized how different the place seemed from the first time I had walked in. This entire experience has changed my perception on human behavior and the significance of every interaction. I realized that you don’t have to be loud to be heard; you don’t even have to talk sometimes. Our actions help us communicate with our loved ones just fine, ask Tucker! I am grateful for this experience, as it taught me how to reflect within myself in the purrfect way. I completed a total of 14 service hours over the course of this semester, and, had it not been for COVID-19, I would have loved devoting more time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 2022 Community Service

February 2021 Volunteer Hours