10/2020

 Tucker and I continued our journey together through the month of October, and we were even blessed with our very first Halloween snow storm! Due to a COVID-19 outbreak in the area, volunteer work was limited and we were assigned to one animal per volunteer. We worked with a nearby hospital to provide emotional support to patients who seek it. Tucker happens to still be a top favorite among GI patients, as he can sense when a person has stomach pain. He curls right up to them and, often, they can’t help but relax.

Tucker has made huge changes in just two months. He has gone from being a very anxious and scattered cat, to a confident and witty cat. I was able to show him true kindness to the point where he couldn’t ignore me anymore. I was able to show him that it was, and would be, okay to trust again. Over time, he has grown to trust me. I am able to bring him to others who would really benefit from his now calm nature. Humans and animals really aren’t much different. One of the many things this experience has taught me so far is that humans and animals communicate in unique ways, but it’s up to us to be listening!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

11/2020

April 2022 Community Service

February 2021 Volunteer Hours